Monday, December 10, 2007

Week 38

This afternoon I had my 38 week OB appt. We went over the risks of induction again as well as what is going to happen at induction time (seeing how that MAY come first since it is 3 more days away). Then she checked me internally and said that I am still between 1-2 cm dialated but the good news is that my cervix has dropped since my last check. She said from what she can tell, my body is ready (which is great for induction because my risks decrease). Then she did the painful: stripping my membranes. I knew it was going to hurt, but I didn't mind - I wanted her to do it. It releases a hormone that causes you to go into labor (or sometimes just strong contractions). But anything to help me naturally go into labor, I am game for. She also did a very quick ultrasound to see how she was positioned. The baby is not face up, but not face down either. She is facing my left hip, so she needs to change positions a little bit. It is hard to say at this point if I am going to end up going into labor before induction at this point. We really didn't think that I would make it this far along. So far tonight I am having contractions, and strong ones at that, but nothing to send me to the hospital for. They need to get a little more consistant. So, this is all to report for now. HOPEFULLY the next time I (we) report, I will officially in labor.

No comments: