Well, I went to see the cardiologist about my heart. She said that it is very common for pregnant women to have a rapid heartbeat because your body is now working for 2. Also, because of how severe my hyperemesis was and for how long, that could play a part on my heart as well. She really wasn't too concerned with it seeing as my EKG and echocardiogram came out ok. She gave me some pills to take as well as a couple technics to try while I am having an "episode". She said that my heart should be back to normal within 30 days of delivery, although I will probably notice it gone within a couple days of delivery. This dr is very familiar with Sky Ridge, so she also told us that they have medicine available to give me via IV should I need it during labor/delivery. I was very pleased to hear all this because your heart is nothing to take lightly and thinking there may be a problem is pretty scary.
Also, my in-laws made it in to town this afternoon (just in time for all of the snow). It is great knowing they are here now and definitely won't miss the birth. Now, it is all up to Sarah to arrive. OR I will be admitted THIS Thurs!!! Tomorrow Brandon is supposed to be working the Broncos game and his mom and I keep teasing him that he won't make it the whole day. Of course he does NOT like hearing that!! Who knows, we may be right :-)
On Monday afternoon, I have another OB dr's appt, so I will be back soon :-)
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment