Monday, December 24, 2007
2 week dr appt
This morning Sarah had her 2 week dr appt. They did the 2nd part of the genetic testing and a wellness check-up. We found out the genetic testing tests 27 different genetic diseases that could appear within the first 2 weeks of life. This includes things such as kindey disease, sickle cell anemia, etc. They said that they usually don't hear any results for about 30 days, so unless it comes in negative, we will not be getting a call back. The wellness check-up also went very well. She had her eyes, ears, heart, abdomin, and joints checked - they all came out perfect. That is always good to hear :-) I asked the dr about how to change Sarah's backwards sleeping habit and she said that this young there really isn't anything to do. We can try feeding her more during the day and trying to keep her up more, but there is no way to tell if this will work. She will just have to try and figure it out on her own. If she doesn't figure it out soon, I may have to change around my sleeping habits to match hers so I can get a little more sleep!!! The sleep part is definitely starting to weigh a little more on brandon and I. Tomorrow is Christmas, and it will be Sarah's first official day out (other than the drs). This will also be the first time we travel with both her and the pups in the car. The fun part for us is going to be packing EVERYTHING up to take with us! We haven't had to travel with more than just her diaper bag. Well, I am off to see if she will let me get a little shut eye so I am a little more rested tomorrow. Happy Holidays (to all of you who celebrate)!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment