This morning was our 36 week appt and it was an interesting one. She did the standard strep b test on me and we will get the results next week. She did if I test positive for strep b, it is not a big deal, I just need to make sure the nurses know during labor/delivery so they can give me an antibiotic in my IV so the baby doesn't contract it during delivery. My dr also did my first internal check. She said that I am not dialated yet, but my cervix is extremely soft. I am 50% efaced which she said was really good. AND she was able to feel the top of the baby's head. She said that baby Sarah's head is extremely low - "her head is right there" is what she said. She was pretty impressed with that. She said that depending on the baby, she can really come at any time. Good thing my hospital bag is packed and ready to go :-)
Michelle is here a couple days helping me finish up the last minute things in the baby's room. She is soooo excited to FINALLY be an auntie!! She says it feels like forever that I have been pregnant.... she doesn't have to tell me twice!
Sleeping is getting a lot harder to do, although I physically and mentally feel a lot more tired than I have. I am having a lot more and stronger contractions, pressure, and cramping. My drsaid this is all normal and my body is preparing me for the delivery of this baby. Feels like torture to me :-) We are definitely feeling the reality that time is getting closer and closer and is just about here.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well time is getting closer, and everything is going well for you.Before you know it you will be holding that bundle of joy,and you will forget your pains you endured during your pregnancy...
Good luck to sue brandon and auntie..Love,Grams
Well I hope everything goes well for you and it's a quick labor delivery. Hey Brandon, have the 'sympathy pains' hit you yet?
Michelle, so glad you have been able to help out with things there. Good job.
Post a Comment